Global warming is real and its happening.
So first of all, what is global warming? Global warming is the increase of the Earth’s climate; aka climate change. The temperature is increasing and it is starting to, or already is, seriously affecting the whole environment of the earth. Why is this happening one would ask. The largest cause is the “greenhouse effect”. It is when greenhouse gases trap the heat from the sun in the atmosphere and can only leave slowly, therefore increasing the temperature of the globe inside of it.
Canada is already being touched by the climate change. If in 2012, Canada is beginning to change…how different would it be later? Let me make a prediction.
In 2050 Canada might…
- Have a much warmer climate
- Have lost even more forests because the hotter it is, the more defencless forests become to dangers such as pine beetles and forest fires
- Not have as much snow and ice in the north
- Have a much larger population for it will be one of the cooler countries
- Have more people moving to the north
- Have gained profitable industries with hunting and fishing up north
In 2100 Canada might…
- Be one of the most populated countries in the world
- Have lost people in the Interior Plains due to the frequent natural disasters
- Have become smaller landwise due to the risin water levels of the ocean surround them; then people cannot live on the edges anymore
- Have lost people in the south due to the increasing heat
- Have most of the population living in the Northern Territories
- Be running out of fresh water
- Not be the only country to have lost and continues to lose many people due to sicknesses caused by heat changes
- Have lost many of its plants and crops
- Have lost most of its trees — lost its main export
- Have lost its industry in agriculture
- Have lost many of the northern animals who lived in the cold climate
- Have even lost its hunting/fishing industry due to animals going extinct
- Be going through an economic depression
Wow. Canada will have gone through a lot…well that is if global warming and climate change only continues to get worse. Since there are many possibilities with the effects from global warming, I’ll sum it up into the major changes I believe may happen.
The 3 largest effects climate change will have on the environment:
- Most of the biodiversity will be lost by 2100, therefore most of the natural resources will be scarce (fresh water, trees, clean air, fossil fuels, etc.).
- The Canadian Arctic and tundra and sea ice will have shrunk which affects all the wildlife living on the tundra and the algae under the sea ice which is the foundation of the ocean food chain.
- There will be so many more natural disasters (floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, avalanches, droughts, etc.).
The 3 largest effects climate change will have on the lifestyles of people:
- Canada will be one of the most desired and populated countries, with most of the population living up north
- Many more people will be either killed, infected or endangered with the infection of the numerous diseases caused by climate change. Not only due to the heat waves, but insects carrying diseases migrate to Canada as the climate becomes warmer.
- Many people will be in poverty; also starving and thirsty for fresh water.
Picture Sources: http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=climate+change&num=10&um=1&hl=en&biw=1440&bih=811&tbm=isch&tbnid=AysvcOlHK2vvdM:&imgrefurl=http://www.whataretheywaitingfor.com/global-climate-change.html&docid=DFejskEUfRiS6M&imgurl=http://www.whataretheywaitingfor.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Global-Climate-Change.jpg&w=1432&h=1341&ei=msxoUNC5KqWBiwLQ1IDoDQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=386&vpy=177&dur=183&hovh=217&hovw=232&tx=139&ty=128&sig=103383876109842499393&sqi=2&page=1&tbnh=140&tbnw=163&start=0&ndsp=28&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0,i:137